Fort Macleod Bylaw Enforcement
The Role of the Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Under direction provided by Council and the CAO, reporting to the Director of Community & Protective Services and in accordance with the Town Bylaws, the Bylaw Enforcement Officer supports Council's commitment to residents by enforcing municipal bylaws as well as engaging with the community to educate and create awareness specific to municipal bylaws.
This position provides the following to our community:
- Partners with citizens to resolve issues through education and enforcement to achieve bylaw compliance.
- Investigate bylaw-related complaints.
- Enforce Council approved bylaws.
- Conduct community patrols.
- Collaborate with internal and external agencies and citizens.
Our Bylaw Enforcement Officer works collaboratively with the Fort Macleod RCMP to ensure a thorough and diligent approach to enforcement within the authority granted to the Bylaw Enforcement Officer through Bylaw 1909.
Frequently Requested Bylaws
Bylaw 1920 Community Standards
Bylaw 1926 Water Utility Bylaw - Includes Water Restriction Section
Bylaw 1909 Bylaw Enforcement Officer