Fort Macleod Union Cemetery
The Fort Macleod Union Cemetery is located at 3050 9th Avenue, here you will find maintained plots, a Columbarium, a Scatter Garden, as well as a Memorial Wall. To see a map of the Cemetery please click here.
We understand that the death of a loved one is overwhelming. The Town of Fort Macleod would like to extend help to you during this difficult time.
There are two types of interments in the Fort Macleod Union Cemetery: Casket Burial or Cremains.
Standard cemetery plots, click here for plot sizes as shown in Schedule "A" of Bylaw 1878, can hold a maximum of one casket plus six cremains.
The Town of Fort Macleod currently has the following plots available for burials and reservations:
- Columbarium, located near the front gates the columbarium is an above ground structure containing 48 niches or spaces for the placement of cremations.
- Section L, located in the northeast corner of the Cemetery has Cremation plots available.
- Section L, located in the northeast corner of the Cemetery has Casket plots available.
- Our Scattering Garden is located in the southeast corner of the Cemetery and is available for use, no registration is required, however if you would like to have a plaque placed on the memorial wall in the scattering gardens, that can be arranged by calling the Cemetery Clerk at the Town Office, 403-553-4425.
- The Veteran's Field of Honor has availability to those who served.
For more information on available plots please contact the Cemetery Clerk at the Town Office by calling 403-553-4425 or send an email.
Cost for Burials
Please refer to Schedule "B" of Bylaw 1878 for Fees and Charges here.